Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Still not too late..i think..

Was reading investment books recently as I started gaining interest in investing a few months ago.. I find that investing my money is far better than just keeping it in my bank account..especially when the interest rate is so low nowadays.. I wonder how long do I need to save my money in the bank account to get a bigger return. Although there are risks in investing.. but no pain no gain.. I rather take some risk and enjoy the returns if I managed to invest in the right thing at the right time.. Actually I regretted for not saving my money early for investment.. i spend almost all my savings on buying stuffs that I wish to have when I'm still quite immature.. but mum says its not too late, she started investing when she was 30 something by the way..so I guess I'm still getting started at an early age..at least earlier than mum did.. I bought 2 books related to investment at Bukit Mertajam while I'm goin through my Industrial Training.. which are "Finding The Next Starbucks" and "The Essential Buffett".. I've almost finish reading the 1st book.. while the 2nd book is still with mum..she reads super slow.. "Finding The Next Starbucks" was written by Michael Moe who was the first research analysts to identify Starbucks as a huge opportunity following its IPO in 1992. Whereas, "The Essential Buffett" was written by Robert G. Hagstrom who also wrote "The Warren Buffett Way".. I'm not a pro now..
but at least I'm getting some exposure of what is the through meaning of investment. Its a long way to go as I'm lack of experience and lack of money as well.. Will start with some small investment as soon as possible..

No comments:

Post a Comment